Classrooms & Workshop Spaces
- 2-3 small classrooms
- Larger workshop area
- Presentation area for larger groups
- Flexible configurations
- Very comfortable; see APL for guidelines & ideas
- Media studio where content is recorded, edited, etc.
- Interview & news cast production space
- Produces websites, social media, marketing efforts, etc.
- High tech – specific light, sound, temperature considerations
Members Workshop (could be classroom or workshop area when not reserved)
- Small computer lab for use by business & NFP members
- Providing computer equipment and software
- Some support hours offered (staffed by student interns)
- Equipment may be available for off-site use (rental)
- For rent to community groups, AA, neighborhood associations, etc.
- Ability to make room accessible when rest of building is closed
- Access to restrooms from Community Room
- Handicapped accessibility; secure, lighted access.
- Small lockers for groups for literature; white boards; comfortable, flexible room; coffee machine.
Workspaces and Offices (see “Living Room” below)
Spaces for Centresa employees
- Administrative, Financial, Marketing, Technology
- Flexible arrangements
- Kitchen for employees use; dining area
- Dining room can double as conference room
(all services/products in retail space are part-and-parcel of learning centers. Everything is a textbook.)
Space where member merchants can sell products, make info available
- Products from NFPs (t-shirts, fund-raising products, etc.)
- May be a single shelf, a display, an area, etc. (rental options)
- Could operate as “consignment store”
- Skype connection to stores for additional info
- QR codes for every merchant
- Merchant + NFP products & special offers
- Opportunity to donate to member NFP
Book & Media Store (in retail space)
- Books on environment; socially responsible business; community organizing; simple living; volunteerism; etc.
- Books by people in our community
EcoStore (in retail space)
- Cool eco-products you won’t find anywhere else
- Like a walk-in 7th Generation catalog
- Eco-friendly gifts
- Household products
- Energy products
Health & Well Being Center (in retail space)
- Information & products for members involved in health
- Information on nutritional programs, yoga for health, physical fitness
- DVDs, audio, etc. from companies like “Sounds True”
- Emergency equipment; natural first aid kits
Public Outdoor Rooms
- Space for yoga, tai chi
- Backyard Gardner spaces / community garden
- Natural gardening class space
- Playground for kids and grown-ups; children’s maze, etc.
- Outdoor shop (gazebo) to demo glassblowing; pottery; puppet show; how to make homemade ice cream class, etc. Made with strawberries grown onsite.
Recycling Center / Shipping & Receiving
- Well, since we’ve already got a garage door…
- Collect computers, electronics for recycling/repurposing with affiliate company
- Temp storage for items requested by NFPs; donated by members,
Living Room (Maybe we should consider the old house as the employee/office area; the newer building to be more public with classrooms, stores, meeting rooms, etc. An employees’ house downstairs with living room, dining room, kitchen, outdoor patio area. Offices upstairs with over-flow into 3rd floor new building, if needed)
- Typical living room; casual & comfortable. Would be nice to have a (sorry, eco-inefficient) fireplace; small kitchen, wet bar.
- Place to have employee parties, celebrations, client meetings, an area to kick back and relax
- Entertain business partners, companies, prospects, etc.
- SuperBowl room; election night, New Year’s eve, etc.